Culture shock and reverse culture shock – psychotherapy
A substantial part of my practice is psychotherapeutic work* with expatriates facing challenges of living in a foreign culture and environment.I consult and help foreigners/expats and multicultural relationships experiencing difficulties because of cultural differences, nationality, and race. In particular in regard to issues such as:
- loneliness, alienation, anxiety,
- marital crises and difficulties in relationships (heterosexual and homosexual),
- culture shock and reverse culture shock, the difficulties associated with conflicting ways of thinking, conduct, communication and expressing emotion,
- career- and work-related conflicts,
- issues concerning minority relations: religious, sexual, ethnic or racial.
* Individual psychotherapy, couples (marital) and family therapy is conducted in Polish and English (Mikołaj Czyż and Agnieszka Serafin) and Swedish (Agnieszka Serafin). Consultations and sessions take place in Warsaw or – when it is not possible – online.